Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cjh2003

Default Setting margins for a follow-on page (after a headed page)

Dear all,

I need to set the margins for the follow-on pages in a document that has
headed (margins 4cm & 1.9cm l/r) on the first page. On subsequent pages I
need 2cm/2cm l/r (as well as different top/bottom margins).

If I click at the start of the second page and change them in page setup
(and in the botom box select 'from this point onwards') it works, but if I
then add text to the first page I end up with a couple of lines on page 2,
and page 3 is the same format as the headed page! If I delete anything I end
up losing the headed margins and the whole document goes to the page 2
margins.

This was SO easy in WordPerfect - you could specify formats on a per page
basis. I've rummaged and rummaged in the menus of Word and I can't see how I
might do this. There doesn't seem to be anything on the FAQ sections of the
website either. I can see how to choose different papers in the printer, but
can't find any associated layout properties per page.

(Word 2002 SP3 on WXPPro SP2)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Use text boxes to shrink the margins of the first page. For
instructions, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cjh2003" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

You do _not_ set different margins. You mimic this by changing the content
in the first-page header and/or footer. For left or right margins you need a
placeholder that will wrap text to the side like a text box. See Letterhead
Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users