Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Spin

Default autonumbering with letters in front of the numbers

Experts,

I know how to do page numbering. But since I am writing a book, each
chapter will start numbering all over again from page 1. So in order not to
confuse stuff, chapter 1 pages must be A1, A2, A3, etc,,,Chapter 2 pages
must be B1, B2, B3, etc... So basically I need to know how to autonumber
pages but put the same letter in front of each number. Can any kind expert
give me a step-by-step?

--
Spin

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ANONYMOUS

Perhaps this link will explain everything:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...165141033.aspx

hth