Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Truncating fields

I have a field in a document where I want the resulting output trancated
whenever a slash is present. I would like to have the slash and everything
thereafter taken off the field and leave everything else from the field
intact for the merge onto the document. Can anyone suggest what field
instruction(s) to use to make this happen?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Ernie,

Word fields don't have any string manipulation abilities, so there probably
isn't a field solution for what you want.

You could try wildcard testing for your slash character in a given position,
but you couldn't translate that into something practical for an If/Then/Else
output if the preceding strings are especially varied.

Cheers