Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gatordoc gatordoc is offline

Default getting the top 1 inch margin to display in a word doc on screen

When creating new word docs, the cursor is positioned at the very top of the
page. There is no top 1 inch margin displayed (the bottom 1 inch margin
does not display either). I noticed that this is only a screen display
problem becaust when I PDF or print the doc it prints with the 1 inch top and
bottom margins in place. How do I get the margins in place in the document
on the screen by default. I checked my normal.dot file (the default document
template) but it has the 1 inch top and bottom margins in place. Somehow
this feature is not getting picked up from the template when I create new
docs.

Help please....