Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daninatl

Default Getting 2 minute delay each day I start Word2003 - 1st time only.

I have a new computer with XP Pro and just loaded Office 2003 Student
/Teacher version. Everything is working ok except the first time I load MS
Word I get a significant delay (about 2 mins) where the system seems to be
doingsomething but I cant type anything. Then, the cursor appears and I can
begin typing. While Im waiting, the entire screen is open, but just no
cursor??? I have tried disabling A/V and working offline entirely. Ive
checked for virus/spyware problems.