Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cazo Cazo is offline

Default where is auto text on Word 2007

I gather that auto text has been dropped from Word 2007. Some of the replies
to other users querying this say that you can 'type in the text and then
press F3 as before'. I don't understand where to type in the text. e.g. if
I want to use 'ys' for Yours sincerely, how do I insert this into the
autotext ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the document itself, you type the first few letters of the name of the
existing AutoText entry, then press F3.

If you want "ys" replaced by "Yours sincerely," I suggest you use
AutoCorrect instead.

"Cazo" wrote in message
I gather that auto text has been dropped from Word 2007. Some of the

replies
to other users querying this say that you can 'type in the text and then
press F3 as before'. I don't understand where to type in the text. e.g.

if
I want to use 'ys' for Yours sincerely, how do I insert this into the
autotext ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian17 Brian17 is offline

I was able to add an autotext entry by typing in what I wanted to use (which
included specific formatting, text, and an image) and then seelcting the
block of text, pressing ALT+F3 to open the "Create a new building block"
dialog box. I named the item and selected "Autotext" from the choices under
the Gallery list.

Then, I was able to go into a document and type in the text used for the
entry and press the F3 key.

Looks like the autotext entries become part of the building blocks. Insert
tab, then Quick Parts in the Text group. Use the Building Blocks Organizer.

Hope this helps.
-Brian