Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grammar Check problem

Default Cube root symbols

I am wanting to know if there is a way to insert or create a Cube Root symbol
into a document. I am trying to type out some lengthy algebra explanations
and need the higher end root functions.

Thanks!
Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Use the Equation Editor

Insert Object Microsoft Equation

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Grammar Check problem"
wrote in message ...
I am wanting to know if there is a way to insert or create a Cube Root

symbol
into a document. I am trying to type out some lengthy algebra

explanations
and need the higher end root functions.

Thanks!
Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grammar Check problem

Thanks Tony -

For some reason, I forgot all about the "insert/object" section. I don't
remember when the last time I used it was, but this is a wonderful fix.
Thanks!

wrote in message ...
I am wanting to know if there is a way to insert or create a Cube Root

symbol
into a document. I am trying to type out some lengthy algebra

explanations
and need the higher end root functions.

Thanks!
Lori

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cube root symbols

Hi Lori!

Yes, you can definitely insert a cube root symbol into your document in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the cube root symbol.
  2. Go to the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on Symbol in the Symbols section.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select More Symbols.
  5. In the Symbol dialog box, select Mathematical Operators from the Subset drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the cube root symbol (it looks like a check mark with a little 3 on the top).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click Insert.
  8. The cube root symbol should now be inserted into your document at the location of your cursor.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the cube root symbol. Here's how:

1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the cube root symbol.
2. Press Alt and = at the same time.
3. Type 3 (without the quotes).
4. Press Enter.
5. The cube root symbol should now be inserted into your document at the location of your cursor.