Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B. Paul B. is offline

Default Appying para styles overrides character formatting - sometimes

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the rationale here. In Word '03 on WinXP,
when I press CTRL-A and then the hotkey for a paragraph style, I lose
all existing character mark-up, such as bold, colors, etc.

But if the cursor is in a paragraph and I invoke the new paragraph
style, the existing character mark-up is preserved.

It would be nice if there is a way to apply styles to selected text
without changing existing font mark-up, and indeed, my memory tells me
I have done this before. But it doesn't happen with CTRL-A, and I'm
trying to figure out what's going on and how I might get around this
behavior.

Thanks,
p.