Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon C Brandon C is offline

Default Printing reformats my Word document

I have a .pdf writer (CutePDF) that works as a printer option from my "Print
...." command. Normally this works well, but I recently tried to use it, and
found that one document was suddenly slightly reformatted. After some
experimenting, I found that this document, and a few others, were created
with a template that's slightly different than the "normal.dot" - when I open
a blank file and copy some text from this document into it, the formatting is
adjusted just like it is when I try to print with CutePDF. (I also found
that this doesn't happen when I use my actual printer.) Would anyone know
why this feature adjusts the template beneath my document? And it's not just
the one I try to use this feature on - all the other documents that used the
other template are now adjusted to the normal template, as well. I have to
close out MS Word and reopen to restore them to their own templates.

PS - I'm using MS Word 2000 on Windows 2000. Sorry about the long question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandon C Brandon C is offline

Default Update on the problem ...

I just downloded a few more .pdf writers: pdf995 and pdfMachine. They do the
same thing that CutePDF did, so the problem seems to be with MS Word.