Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HectorRG HectorRG is offline

Default How and where do I find documents saved as templates

Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a template.
Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and where do I find it as a
template??? Can find it in the file, Recent Documents and My Documents, but
it doesn't work like a template when inserting information. It works like any
regular document having to respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc.
Thank you to anyone that can help,
Hector
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is a template save it as a template in the trusted templates location.
It will then be available from New My Templates to create documents.

I don't understand what you mean by working like 'any regular document'. A
document created from a template is a 'regular document'.

HectorRG wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a
template. Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and where
do I find it as a template??? Can find it in the file, Recent
Documents and My Documents, but it doesn't work like a template when
inserting information. It works like any regular document having to
respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc. Thank you to anyone
that can help,
Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

sounds like he wants a "locked" form.... where you insert information in
designated spots without it modifying the spacing or alignment of existing
text.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

HectorRG wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a
template. Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and where
do I find it as a template??? Can find it in the file, Recent
Documents and My Documents, but it doesn't work like a template when
inserting information. It works like any regular document having to
respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc. Thank you to anyone
that can help,
Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That being the case, the legacy form commands are retained in the
application (on the developer tab of the ribbon) and the form fields can be
inserted in table cells of fixed dimensions, as with the earlier versions,
to prevent the text from moving around.

HectorRG wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a
template. Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and
where do I find it as a template??? Can find it in the file, Recent
Documents and My Documents, but it doesn't work like a template when
inserting information. It works like any regular document having to
respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc. Thank you to
anyone that can help,
Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HectorRG HectorRG is offline

Hi Kate,

Yes you are exactly correct. Now that Graham has confussed me on where and
how to find the template I supposedly cerated. I'll have to ask him just what
he means. He's just a little too technical for me in his explanation.

HectorRG wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a
template. Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and where
do I find it as a template??? Can find it in the file, Recent
Documents and My Documents, but it doesn't work like a template when
inserting information. It works like any regular document having to
respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc. Thank you to anyone
that can help,
Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HectorRG HectorRG is offline

Hello Graham,

I'm not sure what you mean by the legacy form commands, or the developer
tab of the ribbon, or tables cells of fixed demnsions. You'er just alittle
too technical for me in your explanation. I have never created a template
before, for not knowing how to.
I just went to save my document, and it gave the optioin to save it as a
tempolate of which would work great for me and save me alot of time every
time I need to creat the type of document.

HectorRG wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user of MS Office Word 2007 and saved a document as a
template. Can I creat my own template form?? And if so. How and
where do I find it as a template??? Can find it in the file, Recent
Documents and My Documents, but it doesn't work like a template when
inserting information. It works like any regular document having to
respace everything inbetween words, numbers, etc. Thank you to
anyone that can help,
Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The developer tab is not added to the ribbon by default - you can add it
from Word options. Click the 'pizza' button top left Word Options
Popular Check 'Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon).

Legacy fields are the fields retained from Word 2003 and you will find them
in the second block from the left on a button that looks like crossed hammer
and wrench on a clipboard

Table cells of fixed dimensions are tables in which the column width is set
to 'fixed width (right click the cell autofit fixed width) and the row
height is set to exactly whatever height you want to accommodate the text.
Remove the cell border and you have an area which will not 'grow'.

A template is merely a proforma layout from which documents are created. In
Word 2007 you will probably want to save as macro enabled template (dotm)
and to do that you save in that format in the trusted templates location
(the same folder you will find normal.dotm). This is accessed from Word
Options (the pizza button again) Save As Word Template Type Word
Macro-Enabled Template - dotm and click Trusted Templates in the Places bar
to ensure you put it in the right location. Give it a name and job done.

You will access it from Word Options New My Templates, then subsequently
from the recent used templates.

HectorRG wrote:
Hello Graham,

I'm not sure what you mean by the legacy form commands, or the
developer tab of the ribbon, or tables cells of fixed demnsions.
You're just a little too technical for me in your explanation. I have
never created a template before, for not knowing how to.
I just went to save my document, and it gave the option to save it
as a template of which would work great for me and save me a lot of
time every time I need to create the type of document.