Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Switzerland calling Switzerland calling is offline

Default Installing different spellcheck language

I have the English spellcheck automatically in Word. I want to add French.

I know it is on the Office2000 disk 1 that I have. It is a file called
"DATA1".

Simple question: how do I install it please?

(I have tried to right click on the file, then "install", but that gives me
an installation wizard where I cannot find the relevant folder/ file under
the "add programs" option)

Thanks for advice...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you checked to make sure that you don't already have it installed?
English versions of Office come with proofing tools for English, Spanish,
and French, and I believe these are all installed by default. If not, you
need to use Add/Remove Programs | Change. The proofing tools will be in the
part for "Shared Tools" or some similar name (that is, modules that are used
by all the Office apps). You'll find the appropriate ones there and set them
to Run from My Computer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Switzerland calling" wrote
in message ...