Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alain Maillot

Default Office 2007 Feedback

Where do we report bugs in Office 2007 apps?

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Alain,

You can discuss them here in the newsgroups to see if others come up with the same results following the same steps on the same
version of Windows.

To send feedback directly to Microsoft use the 2007 feedback tool from the link below.

=========

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alain Maillot

Thanks, I'll use the feedback tool to submit directly, but for those that are
interested - I've noticed two issues in Word:

1) Occasionally Word just won't properly number pages. If you have a mostly
empty page (for example a page with References on it, but no references in
the current document...) and you insert a page break before it and after it,
it will sometimes ignore the page breaks and put all the content on a single
page.

2) I created a document in Office 2003 using the "2006 event schedule
planner" on Office online and I was working with it. After installing Office
2007, word doesn't render the calender correctly. The row height of the table
is all wrong...

After playing around with it, I managed to get it looking correct by
selecting all the rows in the calender and then manually setting the row
height to exactly 4.3cm. In case anyone runs into similar issues.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Alain,

Definitely a problem with the Event planner template in Word 2007, even when opened new (without any changes) from the
Office Button=New=Planner category. I suspect its Word's default 'table styles' kicking in. If you select the tables with the
table handle at the top left of 'January' then use the Live Preview from the Table Tools=Design=Table Styles choice the 2nd
quarter months line height 'corrects' itself.

I'm not sure that I'm accurately following the steps you're seeing in problem 1. Can you list the steps that will reproduce this on
a new document?

============
"Alain Maillot" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alain Maillot

Sorry for the slow reply here, but I've written down some simplified repro
steps:

1. insert a table of contents page
2. insert a page break after the table
3. enter some text:
Page 1
this is my text and Page 1 is my header.
4. Insert a new page break
5. enter some text:
Page 2
this is more text
6. Insert another page break
7. enter some text:
Page 3
this is more text.
8. for each 'Page 1', 'Page 2', and 'Page 3', select it, and assign it the
style of heading 1.
9. Go to the table of contents, right click on it, and choose update field,
and then choose Update entire table

expected result:
Contents ----- 1
Page 1 ----- 2
Page 2 ----- 3
Page 3 ----- 4

actual result:
Contents ----- 1
Page 1 ----- 2
Page 2 ----- 2
Page 3 ----- 2

Note: I've submitted this as a frown already.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] koawmfot@gmail.com is offline

i had this exact problem as well and it was driving me crazy. this is
the solution i found. what you need to do is to remove all the page
breaks. then go to the text where you want the page break to begin and
instead of using "insert page break", right click and choose paragraph.
in the paragraph properties dialog, choose the Lines and Page Breaks
tab, and check off "Page break before". if you create page breaks with
this method and print, it does not remove them during the spool.

let me know if this works out for you.

doug