Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parish Pete Parish Pete is offline

Default Customize macro button images

When I ran Word 2000, I had 7 customised macro buttons (made in the inbuilt
icon designer) on my toolbar showing text indicating the use of each button.
Most of the buttons created a letter template and the remainder auto text
addresses.

They were always visible and single click, job done.

Now I can't use the macro route as the button images provided are meaningless.
I've tried auto text, but the text just gets the default style treatment.
I could save individual templates but that means opening them first.

Have I missed something blindingly obvious?

I've seen the references to Excel QAT files. Life is too short to mess
about with that depth of programming. A simple bitmap generator would have
sufficed.

Please turn back the clock and make the arduous simple.

I'm sorry Microsoft, Word 2000 worked for me. I seem to be working FOR word
2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
See also http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

Parish Pete wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parish Pete[_2_] Parish Pete[_2_] is offline

Parish Pete wrote:
[...]

After much delving on the net, I found the absolute simple answer:

First tidy up the button images to suit 2007 by using 2000/2003 and paste
the old normal.dot file in the word startup folder. The buttons always
appear in addins every time. Subsequently they can put in the QAT.

Sorted!