Khers Sefid

Default Normal Template

Hi

Everytime I start Word 2003, I can see that the paper size has been
changed to "Letter". I try to change it back to A4 and save it as
Normal Template but next time I start Word it goes back to letter. I
have also tried to delete:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot
but word makes a new one everytime it starts up. I have also tried to
copy Normal.dat from another computer and replace mine but still new
documents open with letter-paper-layout

tnx for any sugestions

khers

Opinicus

"Graham Mayor" wrote

Everytime I start Word 2003, I can see that the paper
size has been
changed to "Letter". I try to change it back to A4 and
save it as
Normal Template but next time I start Word it goes back
to letter. I
have also tried to delete:

Change Windows regional settings to UK (or other country
that uses A4 as
standard). Ensure the printer driver is also set to A4.

You mean a Yank who needs US regional keyboard and other
settings and lives in Turkey can't print on A4 paper without
having to reset the paper size every time?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

I think resetting the size in the printer driver will probably do the trick
without having to change the regional settings.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"Graham Mayor" wrote

Everytime I start Word 2003, I can see that the paper
size has been
changed to "Letter". I try to change it back to A4 and
save it as
Normal Template but next time I start Word it goes back
to letter. I
have also tried to delete:

Change Windows regional settings to UK (or other country
that uses A4 as
standard). Ensure the printer driver is also set to A4.

You mean a Yank who needs US regional keyboard and other
settings and lives in Turkey can't print on A4 paper without
having to reset the paper size every time?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Graham Mayor

No I don't mean that. But if the regional settings are set up to US, then a
default normal.dot file created by Word will be set up to US Letter paper
size. You could then open normal.dot (file open) and change the paper
layout and it should hold, until you delete normal.dot again. (Incidentally
only Word can create normal.dot from its internal settings. Saving a
document as normal.dot does not achieve the same thing.)
or
You can set the Turkish regional setting with the US keyboard layout,
or
You can set up a separate template for use with A4 documents.

"Graham Mayor" wrote