Martin Clapton

Default watermark on first page only

can i change my 6 page document so that the watermark will only print on
the first page. This is mainly to speed up printing times.Using office
2003
Martin
Jay Freedman

Martin Clapton wrote:
can i change my 6 page document so that the watermark will only print
on the first page. This is mainly to speed up printing times.Using
office 2003
Martin

Hi Martin,

In File Page Setup, go to the Layout tab and check "Different first page".
Click OK.

Now view the header area (View Header and Footer). Notice that the top
left corner of the header says "First Page Header". On the Header/Footer
toolbar, click the Show Next button so the top left says just "Header".
Click on the watermark and delete it. Close the header area. The watermark
will now be only on page 1.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

TF

You need to go to Page Setup and select the Different First Page option.
Then you will find that you are able to have different H&Fs on the first
page from subsequent pages. The watermark is usually just a washed out image
in the header. So open the Headers and make sure that you are not in the
First Page Header and delete the watermark.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

. ..