Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayno55

Default How to create accent sign above letter in Word?

I am involved in typing romanised versions of sanskrit words for people who
do chanting of sanskrit verses. When a part of a word is chanted at a higher
note than normal this is signified by marking a short vertical line (the
equivalent of a vertical 'dash') directly above the given letter.

I cannot find a symbol or font that offers this, so I want to know how to do
this as a Text (superscript?) procedure in Word. I don't want to use Draw as
the solution.

I have Word 2000 v.9.0.2720

Thankyou