Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jean

Default Header/Footer tool bar, activate grayed out "insert auto text"

In previous versions of Word (I have Word 2003), the toolbar for header /
footer had a dropdown menu for "insert auto text", which I used on all my
docuements for file name. Now that option on the tool bar is grayed out. My
searches have now helped me correct this issue.