Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Default Best way to tally responses from a questionaire

What's the best way to tally 70+ responses from a questionaire.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

It really depends on how the responses are formatted. Are they only on
paper? Do they exist in a Word document? If so, are included in the
questionnaire? Are there form fields? (I assume you're saying you have 70
respondents)

Where you go from here really depends on your starting point. Personally,
for tallying results, I'd use SPSS (which I have). As you probably don't
have SPSS, you might consider using Access or Excel to manage the data and
the tallying itself, and [perhaps] Word to present it. Crosstabs is not
Word's strong suit, and it's really not a strong suit for Access or Excel,
either, although both can be prodded into action.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com