Include an attachment and an http-link in mail merge

Old November 26th 04, 02:29 PM
JorNor

Default Include an attachment and an http-link in mail merge

I have two problems in Word(/Outlook) 2003:
* I need to include a pdf-file as an attachment to a mail merge. I have
tried the 'Insert File as Link' command, but that only prints the binary into
the Word document instead of attaching it to the mail.
* I also need to include in that mail merge a live http-link that changes
with the recipient, e.g. sending a clickable link to a personalized page
(i.e. that changes with the recipient) on my site. If I include the unique
link as a standard field in the merge, it is not active and clickable.
Some ideas anyone?
Many thanks,
/J
Old November 26th 04, 07:26 PM
Peter Jamieson

At the very least, you will probably need to adapt the approach described by
Doug Robbins at:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/...ttachments.htm

Peter Jamieson