Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
oldprofessor oldprofessor is offline

Default Cannot open word files outside word

Reinstalled Office 2003 on a recent Windows 7 upgrade. When clicking on a
word file, word opens and the following message appears "There was a problem
sending the command to the program". The file does not open. Excell files
open in Excell, Powerpoint files open in Powerpoint. If I open Word first,
then I can open the file within word.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening
files€¯ at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm

Or, in Windows Explorer, right click on a Word document and select Open With
and then Choose Default Program and select Microsoft Word and check the box
for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"oldprofessor" wrote in message
Reinstalled Office 2003 on a recent Windows 7 upgrade. When clicking on a
word file, word opens and the following message appears "There was a
problem
sending the command to the program". The file does not open. Excell files
open in Excell, Powerpoint files open in Powerpoint. If I open Word first,
then I can open the file within word.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See if the procedures in this article help:
http://www.gmayor.com/Document_Not_Found.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman