A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Insert objects at page breaks



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 29th 04, 04:15 PM
DRS - Jonathan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Insert objects at page breaks

Is there a way to insert a picture into the header of of every page following
a page break?

The setup I have now consists of a series of sections separated by page
breaks. What I would like to do is insert our company logo at the beginning
of each section so that when these are printed out, there is something that
easily identifies the beginning of a new section.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Ads
  #2  
Old November 29th 04, 04:51 PM
Jay Freedman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

DRS - Jonathan wrote:
Is there a way to insert a picture into the header of of every page
following a page break?

The setup I have now consists of a series of sections separated by
page breaks. What I would like to do is insert our company logo at
the beginning of each section so that when these are printed out,
there is something that easily identifies the beginning of a new
section.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan


Hi Jonathan,

Instead of page breaks, use New Page section breaks (you can change existing
section break types by putting the cursor in the section, going to File
Page Setup Layout, and changing the Section Start setting).

In the same dialog, set each section to "Different first page" headers, and
put your logo in the first-page header. See items 5 and 6 in
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/PageNumbering.htm for some help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org


  #3  
Old November 29th 04, 06:09 PM
DRS - Jonathan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks Jay for the teh quick response.

However, I was looking more for a way to insert the same header(logo) after
each page break; not just on the first page. Is there a way to automate this?

In the link you provided, it seems like its possible to do a little inline
coding with 'IF' statements, but it only appears to use text or predefined
keywords as the statements. Is there a way to use those contructs, but have
a picture inserted instead of text?

Thanks,
Jonathan


"Jay Freedman" wrote:

DRS - Jonathan wrote:
Is there a way to insert a picture into the header of of every page
following a page break?

The setup I have now consists of a series of sections separated by
page breaks. What I would like to do is insert our company logo at
the beginning of each section so that when these are printed out,
there is something that easily identifies the beginning of a new
section.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan


Hi Jonathan,

Instead of page breaks, use New Page section breaks (you can change existing
section break types by putting the cursor in the section, going to File
Page Setup Layout, and changing the Section Start setting).

In the same dialog, set each section to "Different first page" headers, and
put your logo in the first-page header. See items 5 and 6 in
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/PageNumbering.htm for some help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org



  #4  
Old November 29th 04, 06:45 PM
Daiya Mitchell
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Follow Jay's directions, but make sure that the First Page Header in each
section is set to "same as previous" to repeat the logo at the beginning of
each section, and be sure to use Section Breaks (Insert | Break...)

If that doesn't make sense to you, read this link for how headers/footers
work.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm
And part of this one for understanding sections:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm

Jay told you how to get this, either you've changed what you want or you are
not doing it quite right:
The setup I have now consists of a series of sections separated by
page breaks. What I would like to do is insert our company logo at
the beginning of each section so that when these are printed out,
there is something that easily identifies the beginning of a new
section.


DM


  #5  
Old November 29th 04, 07:16 PM
Jay Freedman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Jonathan,

I think we're using the word "sections" differently. Word has a special
meaning, literally "the portion of a document between section breaks". When
you say your document has multiple "sections" separated by page breaks, Word
doesn't consider them to be sections in the technical sense.

If each of your sections (in your sense, using only page breaks) is only one
page long, you can put the logo in the one-and-only header and it will
appear on every page. If a section (again in your sense) can be more than
one page, then there is no way to get the logo only on the page following
the page break -- you *must* start using section breaks.

The IF field method won't work with only page breaks, for the following
reason. The IF field compares the result of an embedded PAGE field (that is,
the current page number) to a specific fixed page number. It displays one
expression if they match, and another expression (or nothing) if they don't
match. But the IF field has to be set up with prior knowledge of what page
number should match. For instance, you might write a field code {IF {PAGE} =
1 logo} where you paste the logo graphic in as indicated. But then the
logo would appear only on page 1. You can set any section (after a section
break, not a page break) to restart page numbering at 1 -- but you do need
the section break for that. And if you're using section breaks anyway, you
might as well use the first-page header instead of the tricky IF field,
especially if you aren't interested in restarting page numbering.

If you set up the first section with a first-page header containing the
logo, and then insert Next Page section breaks in place of the page breaks,
by default the logo will then appear on the first page of every section. (If
you wanted to have a different header in some sections, you would have to go
to the header of each of those sections and turn off the Same As Previous
option for that header.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org

DRS - Jonathan wrote:
Thanks Jay for the teh quick response.

However, I was looking more for a way to insert the same header(logo)
after each page break; not just on the first page. Is there a way to
automate this?

In the link you provided, it seems like its possible to do a little
inline coding with 'IF' statements, but it only appears to use text
or predefined keywords as the statements. Is there a way to use
those contructs, but have a picture inserted instead of text?

Thanks,
Jonathan


"Jay Freedman" wrote:

DRS - Jonathan wrote:
Is there a way to insert a picture into the header of of every page
following a page break?

The setup I have now consists of a series of sections separated by
page breaks. What I would like to do is insert our company logo at
the beginning of each section so that when these are printed out,
there is something that easily identifies the beginning of a new
section.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan


Hi Jonathan,

Instead of page breaks, use New Page section breaks (you can change
existing section break types by putting the cursor in the section,
going to File Page Setup Layout, and changing the Section Start
setting).

In the same dialog, set each section to "Different first page"
headers, and put your logo in the first-page header. See items 5 and
6 in http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/PageNumbering.htm for some
help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 01:25 AM
How to set a macro to insert a second page into a template A. Richardson Microsoft Word Help 5 November 30th 04 10:31 AM
How to insert Page No of No of "Section" Pages Eli75 Microsoft Word Help 11 November 29th 04 06:47 PM
Wrong Page Numbers in Table of Contents latteluvva Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 07:01 AM
How do I make a word document insert consequative dates on each p. Luvmysuv Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 12:30 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.