Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eddles Eddles is offline

Default viewing word 97-2003 document

I have been trying to open some documents that have been emailed to me and
they are taking forever to open. They happen to be word or excel 97-2003
documents/spreadsheets and I have office 2007 trial on my computer. Can any
one help me.
--
From
Eddles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you try to open the file, does the status bar indicate that it's trying
to access a remote document template? If so, then try pressing Escape to see
if that lets the document open more quickly. Once open, you can use the
Templates and Add-ins dialog to associate a locate template with it to speed
up opening thereafter (if need be). (In the Developer tab, click on Document
Template to associate a different template.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible