Bunrabbit

Default Word failing to save document changes

One of our office PC's is sometimes (but not always) not saving changes
to documents, even when the operator has clicked on "save" or answered
"yes" to the "Do you want to save changes?" query that comes up when
you tell the computer to close a document. When we go to reopen a
document, we will sometimes find that recent changes that were on the
screen when we last closed the document (and supposedly saved changes)
are gone. In addition, when we go to print an open document from this
same PC, it will sometimes print an earlier version than the updated
version on the screen. This is NOT our imagination - it's happened
quite a number of times lately. The people who use this PC have been
using Word for years, haven't had the problem before, and don't have
the problem on other machines on our network, so I think we have
conclusively ruled out "operator error." It's the PC! We're using
Word 2002 and Windows XP. Any thoughts?

--
Bunrabbit

Specific text placement Nospam New Users 9 October 11th 05 01:23 AM
How do I get rid of page numbers. The page number virus flamestar Microsoft Word Help 3 August 19th 05 02:31 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM