Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

Default unwanted margin changes

Recently Copy/Paste transfers of text into or out of a certain file results
in unwanted margin changes. Curiously they're opposite in effect: lines far
too wide for transfers out of it, and much too narrow going into it. This
generally doesn't happen with transfers between other files.

Thanks in advance!

John Teton
Oregon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Are you looking for an explanation, or a fix?

Either way, it would help if you provided some real information: is the
margin changing for the document section, or only for the pasted paragraphs?
Do the paragraphs end up with indents or outdents? Are styles involved?

Turn on non-printing characters and check the settings: this will likely
answer the question for you.

"epifstc" wrote in message
Recently Copy/Paste transfers of text into or out of a certain file
results
in unwanted margin changes. Curiously they're opposite in effect: lines
far
too wide for transfers out of it, and much too narrow going into it. This
generally doesn't happen with transfers between other files.

Thanks in advance!

John Teton
Oregon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

"epifstc" wrote in message
Recently Copy/Paste transfers of text into or out of a certain file
results
in unwanted margin changes. Curiously they're opposite in effect: lines
far
too wide for transfers out of it, and much too narrow going into it. This
generally doesn't happen with transfers between other files.

Thanks in advance!

John Teton
Oregon

Would definitely appreciate a fix.

The only areas affected are the pasted paragraphs. There are no styles
involved, no unusual indents or outdents, and nothing I recognize as unusual
appearing with non-printing characters made visible.

Thanks again.

JT
Oregon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

The only areas affected are the pasted paragraphs. There are no styles
involved, no unusual indents or outdents, and nothing I recognize as
unusual
appearing with non-printing characters made visible.

We really can't help you if you won't provide basic information. The
challenge is to work out what is causing the formatting changes you
describe. But if you won't tell us what those formatting changes are,
there's bugger all anyone can suggest.

So please: look again at the affected paragraphs, and tell us about them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

"Jezebel" wrote:

The only areas affected are the pasted paragraphs. There are no styles
involved, no unusual indents or outdents, and nothing I recognize as
unusual
appearing with non-printing characters made visible.

We really can't help you if you won't provide basic information. The
challenge is to work out what is causing the formatting changes you
describe. But if you won't tell us what those formatting changes are,
there's bugger all anyone can suggest.

So please: look again at the affected paragraphs, and tell us about them.

(a prior attempt to reply appears not to have posted--pls forgive any redundancy here)

Text pasted into the file in question suffers an effective right margine
change from the norm of 6.8" to about 4.75" even though there are no signs in
the ruler line indicating a margin or tab change and the Page Setup still
shows the proper margin for the whole document.

Text copied FROM the file in question and pasted into another file has an
unwanted right margin change as well, this time to about 8.3" reflected in
the ruler but not in the Page Setup section.

I don't know if this is what you're after. Last time I answered all 5
specifics requested (indents, outdents, styles, non-printing characters,
areas affected.) I am not trying to withhold any information since I really
would like to get this solved. If any further details are needed, please let
me know the speciics.

Thanks,

JT
Oregon