Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default Updating an ancient Word File

Back in 1994, I created a Word file consisting of sets of sentences, one to
a line, each followed by a hard paragraph marker (^P).

Now, when I open some of these old files for the first time, my Word 2003
opens them with an automatic page break after each line, so the document is
several hundred pages long with a single line at the top of each otherwise
empty page.

I tried to delete the page breaks, but they're apparently the way the file
is laid out and resist deletion.

Can you suggest an easy way to allow me quickly to condense the 174 page
document into a 174 liner?

--

PT