Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gattaccio gattaccio is offline

Default Invisible square parentheses

Some of the sentences in my document appear in square parentheses which are
not printable or visible in print layout. What are those? I suppose it is a
kind of formatting, but couldn't find it out.
Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably bookmarks, if by "print layout" you mean Print Preview. Bookmark
brackets don't print; they can be toggled at Tools | Options | View or the
corresponding section of the Word Options in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

"gattaccio" wrote in message
Some of the sentences in my document appear in square parentheses which
are
not printable or visible in print layout. What are those? I suppose it is
kind of formatting, but couldn't find it out.
Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

It sounds like bookmarks, and they've probably been inserted for a reason.

If you're sure you don't need the bookmarks, in Word 2007, go to the Insert
ribbon and click on Bookmark. That should give you a list of the bookmarks. I
think you can select a bookmark and click Delete. This should get rid of the
bookmark without deleting the text.

If you don't want to delete the bookmarks, you can hide them by clicking on
the Office button, selecting Word Options, and then on the Advanced options,
unselect "Show Bookmarks."