Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CPCAB CPCAB is offline

Default How to set default zoom size for specific Word docs when opened?

I have a particular set of Word documents that, whenever any user opens them
(on any PC), I wish to have opened at a specified zoom size - e.g. 120%.

I don't wish to set a default zoom size for ALL Word docs, just certain
specified docs.

Is it possible to set a default zoom size for particular Word docs in this
way?

If so, how do you do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Zoom is a document attribute so can be "saved" to the file.
Open the file, change the zoom as required, make an edit, ie. add a space,
save, remove the edit, save, close.
The file will now open at the new zoom level.
It is belived that doing the edit, remove the edit, then save will save the
change but I have found that this is not always the case.
There are macro ways of dictating the opening zoom but depending on the
users security settings this can easily be bypassed.
Hope this helps
DeanH