Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mssr7 mssr7 is offline

Default What do you do with extra blank lines on random pages?

I have a 7 chapter manuscript. On random pages (i.e. pgs 10, 18, 29, 41)
there is an extra blank line at the bottom of the page where a paragraph
should have continued. I've evaluated formatting, both in body text and
header/footer. Everything is exact, and as it should be. Some of the line
breaks are in the middle of sentences. Nothing is similar about the pages,
otherwise, that might indicate the cause. Can someone help, please? This is
an issue that needs immediate care.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mssr7 mssr7 is offline

I don't fully understand how, but the widows/orphan control (unchecked) did
the trick. Hope I have the time to come back and study up on it. In the
meantime, thanks a LOAD... this was a very important, time sensitive project.

"mssr7" wrote in message
I have a 7 chapter manuscript. On random pages (i.e. pgs 10, 18, 29, 41)
there is an extra blank line at the bottom of the page where a paragraph
should have continued. I've evaluated formatting, both in body text and
header/footer. Everything is exact, and as it should be. Some of the line
breaks are in the middle of sentences. Nothing is similar about the pages,
otherwise, that might indicate the cause. Can someone help, please? This

is
an issue that needs immediate care.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you have a lot of three-line paragraphs, as those are where
widow/orphan control can be most significant.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.