MarcS MarcS is offline
Junior Member

Post Formula in Word Table

I have a Word 2007 table that allows a user to enter a 1 character Text Form Field in a cell. The Text Form Field has been bookmarked with the name "Question1". The word document is protected to enable only "Filling in forms" type editting. They can enter either the letters A, B, C or D as a result of a multiple choice. In another cell, I want to create a formula that will return a number based on the letter the user entered. For example; A=1, B=2, C=3 and D=4. When the user tabs out of the Text Form Field the cell containing the formula is updated automatically.

Would appreciate any help with this
nananaja003 nananaja003 is offline
Junior Member

I've managed to resolve by using a nested if function with.
gclub royal

Formula in Word Table Stuart Mattinson Tables 4 May 12th 09 09:51 PM
Word Table Formula Jseakin Tables 1 April 23rd 09 08:48 PM
Can word do this formula =EXP(B2) in a table? GT Tables 1 August 8th 07 01:43 AM
how do I get this formula (A2*d2)-e2 in a word table Big dogs Tables 2 April 22nd 06 12:03 PM
How do I set up a formula in a table in Word? Kathleen Tables 2 November 1st 05 08:49 AM