EdwardSoares EdwardSoares is offline
Junior Member

Post Both superscript/subscript (Chemistry)

Hello! I'm having an issue with Word 2010, I can't figure out how (if it's even possible) to insert this: 3d(10)(30), with (10) as a superscript and (30) as a subscript, both exactly above the other, with no space between them. I tried doing that with Ctrl+F9, but the formatting is kinda weird, and with Font Advanced Spacing (Condensed) By: (5pt) only the last character of the superscript can be condensed with the subscript, and if you select the whole superscript, the subscript gets condensed below it, but so does every character in the superscript. That's kinda frustrating...

I need to do it as in this extended electronic distribution .svg image in Wikimedia Commons, with the subscripts right below the superscripts, which appears ALL the time in Chemistry. Word 2010 superscript and subscript, but for some reason not both. Equation apparently doesn't help either, if you want one specific font consistent through your entire paper.

(SVG file on Wikimedia Commons with electronic distribution: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...n_orbitals.svg)

Thanks for any help.