Karen @Gwin

Default How do I get my mailing labels to move up/over a space when I del.

From word 2003 when i have a page of labels from a mail merge-- I want to
delete a name from the list and have the other names move to fill the space
so I do not waste labels with a blank space--- Thank you for any assistance!
Graham Mayor

Delete the entry from the data file and re-merge. If you don't have the
original data file see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

Karen @Gwin wrote:
From word 2003 when i have a page of labels from a mail merge-- I
want to delete a name from the list and have the other names move to
fill the space so I do not waste labels with a blank space--- Thank
you for any assistance!

Karen @Gwin

Thanks, I see what you are saying, but, isn't there a format or key stroke to
move the data to the empty cell directly from the document you are working
from????? Happy holidays

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Delete the entry from the data file and re-merge. If you don't have the
original data file see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

Karen @Gwin wrote:
From word 2003 when i have a page of labels from a mail merge-- I
want to delete a name from the list and have the other names move to
fill the space so I do not waste labels with a blank space--- Thank
you for any assistance!

Assia

Hi, there may be two solutions. What you may be able to do is to cut and
paste the information on the last label to the blank empty label within the
document. The other solution is to merge only selected records. Just before
to merge to a new document (labels), you have a dialog box opening up asking
you choose what records you want to merge.
If you have already done the mail merge, I believe the best solution is to
cut and paste the information on the last record to the empty blank label in
the middle.
Assia

From word 2003 when i have a page of labels from a mail merge-- I want to