Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] tohenning@yahoo.de is offline

Default Constructing an offline blank / form in WORD

Hello All,

I like to construct a form in WORD for a paper version (so not to fill
out on computer directly).

As this document shall gain a very professional look, open fields
(where respondents e.g. fill in a number) should be designed
adequately. Just think of these fields which look like the letter U.
( |________| )

So I first started to draw these fields by myself, but then the
positioning of these elements is a longsome action :-)

So I like to use a font, but I found no characters within the fonts
where the elements fit together perfectly...

To cut a long story short, does anyone know a nice possibility to
construct those fields with a character set or font?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might try using 2514 and 2518 from the Box Drawing character subset in
Insert | Symbol. You'd have to lower the characters (Format | Font |
Character Spacing) and probably increase the font size. When you get it just
right, you could save as an AutoText or formatted AutoCorrect entry.

Alternatively, you could use the { EQ \x \bo \le \ri ( ) } field.
Experiment with the number of spaces to get the desired box width; for more
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All,

I like to construct a form in WORD for a paper version (so not to fill
out on computer directly).

As this document shall gain a very professional look, open fields
(where respondents e.g. fill in a number) should be designed
adequately. Just think of these fields which look like the letter U.
( |________| )

So I first started to draw these fields by myself, but then the
positioning of these elements is a longsome action :-)

So I like to use a font, but I found no characters within the fonts
where the elements fit together perfectly...

To cut a long story short, does anyone know a nice possibility to
construct those fields with a character set or font?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wiley Wiley is offline

Construct you document using a table. Then use no borders on "cells" where
you have labels. Show the borders on the 3 isdes of the cells which are the
fields.

Tables are very flexible and esily adjusted to make the types of forms you
want. By highlighting just one row, you can mkae cells different widths than
other rows to psoition things nicely left ot right. Split cells to add more
in a row, Merge if you need less. You can drag a bottom border down if you
want it to space more vertiacally. Let us know if this helps.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Spellchecking Locked Bookmarked FormFields Results in LOSS of Book jarimura Microsoft Word Help 15 December 20th 05 05:53 AM