Default Document Management with Microsoft Word

Dear Group,

Is there any straightforward way to do the following two tasks using VB.NET:

1. Overload the New/Save/Open/Print commands in Microsoft Word & Excel to
call functions in a seperate .dll ?

2. Write a data string to a hidden or custom field within Microsoft Word?

Has to apply to Office 2000 DOM and newer.

Many thanks in advance!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Pat Garard

G'Day Little Fish,

1. Overload the New/Save/Open/Print ...

Do you mean OVERRIDE?

If you create Macros whose names a
Sub FileNew()
Sub FileOpen()
Sub FileSave()
Sub FileSaveAs()
Sub FilePrint()
Sub FilePrintDefault()
Sub FilePrintPreview()
Sub FilePrintPreviewFullScreen()
or Sub FilePrintSetup()
then these will be executed in place of the Standard Word Commands.

You are responsible for displaying any required Dialogs, and for processing
the user input to those Dialogs.

2. Write a data string to a hidden or ...

Investigate Document Variables
and Document Properties.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Liddle Feesh wrote in message
Dear Group,

Is there any straightforward way to do the following two tasks using
VB.NET:

1. Overload the New/Save/Open/Print commands in Microsoft Word & Excel to
call functions in a seperate .dll ?

2. Write a data string to a hidden or custom field within Microsoft Word?

Has to apply to Office 2000 DOM and newer.

Many thanks in advance!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
G'Day Little Fish,

1. Overload the New/Save/Open/Print ...

Do you mean OVERRIDE?

Yes, yes I do! Sorry, it's late and I haven't had time to sleep yet

If you create Macros whose names a
Sub FileNew()
Sub FileOpen()
Sub FileSave()
Sub FileSaveAs()
Sub FilePrint()
Sub FilePrintDefault()
Sub FilePrintPreview()
Sub FilePrintPreviewFullScreen()
or Sub FilePrintSetup()
then these will be executed in place of the Standard Word Commands.

You are responsible for displaying any required Dialogs, and for
processing
the user input to those Dialogs.

2. Write a data string to a hidden or ...

Investigate Document Variables
and Document Properties.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Pat, thankyou! I could kiss you!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

Pat Garard

\ /
*

/ \
Next time I'm near Sheffield!!

'er...well...that is - I'm a bloke...are you... I mean...Oh $hit!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard