Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JAD240

Default Word should say "Spelling and grammar check ARE complete" not "is"

Word returns the message "Spelling and grammar check is complete". I know
it's referring collectively to a tool, but the sentence has two subjects so
the plural "are" should be used. I wonder if I typed "spelling and grammar
check is complete" in a word document, would spell check catch it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Spelling and grammar check" is singular; "spelling and grammar checks"
would be plural.

"JAD240" wrote in message
Word returns the message "Spelling and grammar check is complete". I know
it's referring collectively to a tool, but the sentence has two subjects

so
the plural "are" should be used. I wonder if I typed "spelling and

grammar
check is complete" in a word document, would spell check catch it.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.