Larry Abell

Default Create protected form that allows me to insert a jpeg/bmp file?

I have a form that is protected with the exception of entry fields. This
works great for all of the input files that are text boxes. However, I have
a field that needs to be inserted as a bmp or jpeg as it is the scanned
signature that needs to be pasted onto the form. When I attempt this into a
text box field, I am told I can't insert a picture into a text box field.
However, I have been unable to find any other form field that is compatible
with the picture format.
Carol

Larry:

Try this: On the Forms toolbar, click on Insert Frame. Once your cursor
turns into a "cross" click and drag to create a frame and then you can
insert your picture into the frame. Please let me know if this is helpful to
you.

"Larry Abell" wrote:

I have a form that is protected with the exception of entry fields. This
works great for all of the input files that are text boxes. However, I have
a field that needs to be inserted as a bmp or jpeg as it is the scanned
signature that needs to be pasted onto the form. When I attempt this into a
text box field, I am told I can't insert a picture into a text box field.
However, I have been unable to find any other form field that is compatible
with the picture format.

Larry Abell

Carol,

Unfortunately, when I inserted the frame and "re-protected" the document, I
could only input into text fields and was unable to past an image into the
frame.

"Larry Abell" wrote:

I have a form that is protected with the exception of entry fields. This
works great for all of the input files that are text boxes. However, I have
a field that needs to be inserted as a bmp or jpeg as it is the scanned
signature that needs to be pasted onto the form. When I attempt this into a
text box field, I am told I can't insert a picture into a text box field.
However, I have been unable to find any other form field that is compatible
with the picture format.

Larry Abell

Carol,

Unfortunately that will not work in this case due to the fact that the field
is for a signature on the form. We will be protecting the form and deploying
it for users to complete. Unfortunately, signature is one of those fields
that will be completed by the end user and this value could vary based on the
inspector of the project.