countrydoc

Default Autocorrect and Autotext

I use Word for my electronic medical records and have now put computers in my
exam rooms. Is there any way to put all of my Autotext and Autocorrect
entries onto the new computers or do I have to train each computer
individually?

Jay Freedman

That will do it for AutoText (assuming you've stored all your AutoText
in normal.dot and not in other templates), but for AutoCorrect it will
get only the formatted ones. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...utocorrect.htm for
a more complete method.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:10:38 +1100, "Jezebel"
wrote:

That information is stored in normal.dot. Copy that file from the original
computer to each of the others.

"countrydoc" wrote in message
I use Word for my electronic medical records and have now put computers in

my
exam rooms. Is there any way to put all of my Autotext and Autocorrect
entries onto the new computers or do I have to train each computer
individually?

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.