Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim K

Default Large page dimensions

As part of the final steps in getting a book printed, I need to build a file
with the dust jacket as a single page document. The size of the dust jackt is
8.75" x 26.5". In FilePageSetupPageSize when I enter these dimensions, Word
2000 tells me that the maximum page width is 22". Is there any way to get
around this restriction?

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

In a word, No. MS Word's maximum page dimensions are 22" x 22" as indicated
in the message you received (regardless of version). If you have access to
Publisher or some other page layout program you can work with larger page
dimensions.

Regards |:)

"Jim K" wrote:

As part of the final steps in getting a book printed, I need to build a file
with the dust jacket as a single page document. The size of the dust jackt is
8.75" x 26.5". In FilePageSetupPageSize when I enter these dimensions, Word
2000 tells me that the maximum page width is 22". Is there any way to get
around this restriction?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Jim K wrote:
As part of the final steps in getting a book printed, I need to build
a file with the dust jacket as a single page document. The size of
the dust jackt is
8.75" x 26.5". In FilePageSetupPageSize when I enter these
dimensions, Word 2000 tells me that the maximum page width is 22". Is
there any way to get around this restriction?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, 22" in either direction is the absolute maximum for Word.
You'll need to use another program, such as Publisher, for the dust jacket.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman