Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kdnavrat kdnavrat is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta - Table, Repeat Heading, Don't Break Across Page B

Simple table - 14 rows, 3 columns
I highlight top two rows, right click, select table Properties, Row Tab,
select Repeat as Header Row
I select entire table, Select Table Properties, Rob tab, select OFF 'Allow
Row To Break across pages'

Table looks good - Header row there, rows aren't broken across pages;
Save, Exit
Open and table has no headers at top of subsequent page and rows are broken
across pages.

I turned Text Wrapping off; I verified all rows are NOT defined as Headers.

Kind of lost
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?a2RuYXZyYXQ=?=,

Simple table - 14 rows, 3 columns
I highlight top two rows, right click, select table Properties, Row Tab,
select Repeat as Header Row
I select entire table, Select Table Properties, Rob tab, select OFF 'Allow
Row To Break across pages'

Table looks good - Header row there, rows aren't broken across pages;
Save, Exit
Open and table has no headers at top of subsequent page and rows are broken
across pages.

I turned Text Wrapping off; I verified all rows are NOT defined as Headers.

FWIW, I can't replicate the problem, here. I followed your instructions,
typing some text in the last row on a page to force a Word to move the row to
the next page. That worked. Saved and closed the document, re-opened.
Everything looks just as it did before I closed it.

Try holding CTRL when starting Word to go into Safe Mode. Follow your steps in
a new document. Does this document work correctly? If it does, the problem is
likely in your Normal.dot template (from an earlier version of Word?).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CJ Rhoads CJ Rhoads is offline

Did you autoformat the table? If so, that's the mistake. It will keep
reverting to the wrong format because you created a second format - but it
doesn't know it.

I suggest that you copy and paste the table into a new document, clear all
formats, reset the heading to repeat, and see if it happens again.

Just my opinion
CJ

"kdnavrat" wrote:

Simple table - 14 rows, 3 columns
I highlight top two rows, right click, select table Properties, Row Tab,
select Repeat as Header Row
I select entire table, Select Table Properties, Rob tab, select OFF 'Allow
Row To Break across pages'

Table looks good - Header row there, rows aren't broken across pages;
Save, Exit
Open and table has no headers at top of subsequent page and rows are broken
across pages.

I turned Text Wrapping off; I verified all rows are NOT defined as Headers.

Kind of lost

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kdnavrat kdnavrat is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta - Table, Repeat Heading, Don't Break Across Pa

CJ,
Thanks for suggestion. I'm not sure I know how to 'clear all formats' - can
you help me on this?
Thanks,
Kurt