Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David D. David D. is offline

Default import last years appointments

I am scheduling a bible in a year reading plan into a micresoft plain
monthly calander. Its tedious and I dont want to have to go through the same
process next year. Anyone know how I can just transfer all this years data
into a 2007 calandar? It wont matter what days it falls on - basically there
are 365 divisions that need to be scheduled daily.

Thanks Anyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you really need it in a calendar?

I might do the daily reading divisions in Excel, then use an adjoining
column and Fill Series to enter the dates for the year (next year, you would
just need to redo the Fill Series).

Then using Data Merge in Word to pull the date and reading assignment from
Excel might get you a nicer format, no idea if you can merge into a
calendar.

Are you planning to re-read the bible in a year next year?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Another approach might be to put these in an Outlook calendar as
appointments repeating annually.

.. .

On 9/5/06 1:02 AM, "David D." wrote:

I am scheduling a bible in a year reading plan into a micresoft plain
monthly calander. Its tedious and I dont want to have to go through the

same
process next year. Anyone know how I can just transfer all this years

data
into a 2007 calandar? It wont matter what days it falls on - basically

there
are 365 divisions that need to be scheduled daily.

Thanks Anyone!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
MacWord Tips: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/WordMacHome.html
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David D. David D. is offline

Dear Jezebel

What mages you think hell is boring? All the evidence would point to the
opposite. 'Where their worm does not die and their fire is not quenched'
someone once described it. I reckon he must have had a damn good reason to go
thru the horror of the cross.

"Jezebel" wrote:

No. Biblical reading plans *should* be tedious. Boring as hell, in fact.

"David D." David wrote in message
I am scheduling a bible in a year reading plan into a micresoft plain
monthly calander. Its tedious and I dont want to have to go through the
same
process next year. Anyone know how I can just transfer all this years data
into a 2007 calandar? It wont matter what days it falls on - basically
there
are 365 divisions that need to be scheduled daily.

Thanks Anyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While I don't know if you can merge into a calendar, you should be able to
merge into Labels, which if you set them up 30 to a sheet and roughly
square, should mimic a calendar pretty well, because Labels are just tables.
You could even do a custom label size.

For fancy tricks with calendars, as Suzanne hinted, Word is not a great
program to use. Something like Outlook or a calendar program would be
better.

On 9/5/06 1:02 AM, "David D." wrote:

I am scheduling a bible in a year reading plan into a micresoft plain
monthly calander. Its tedious and I dont want to have to go through the same
process next year. Anyone know how I can just transfer all this years data
into a 2007 calandar? It wont matter what days it falls on - basically there
are 365 divisions that need to be scheduled daily.

Thanks Anyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

FWIW I use a customizable desktop calendar
http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?p...ect=rainlendar which will
also interface with Outlook. You may find it useful.