Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Basil Brush Basil Brush is offline

Default Keyboard shortcuts for office clip board?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

The following is a recorded macro that displays the Office Clipboard:

Sub ClipboardAccess()
'
' ClipboardAccess Macro
' Macro recorded 6/18/2004 by Charles Kyle Kenyon
'
WordBasic.EditOfficeClipboard
End Sub

Since it uses a WordBasic command, I assume that it will work with most
versions of Word. It was recorded in Word 2003.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DDM" wrote in message
Shaun, forget about macros. Instead, treat the Office Clipboard as you

would
a menu bar or toolbar:

--Press Alt to activate the Menu bar;
--Press Ctrl+Tab to cycle through the toolbars;
--When the Clipboard is active, press Tab or Shift-Tab to navigate;
--In the items to paste, press Up or Down Arrow to navigate;
--To access the drop-down menu options for an item to paste, press

Alt+Down
Arrow; press Up or Down Arrow to navigate the drop-down menu; press Enter

invoke a menu command, or press Alt to dismiss the menu;
--In the items to paste, to paste an item w/o using the drop-down menu,
highlight the item, then press Enter.
--When you're finished using the Office Clipboard, press Alt until no

menus
or toolbars are active.

Hope this helps!

--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"ShaunW" wrote in message
Hi,
I have recently migrated from office 97 to 2003. One of the features

that I have been most impressed with is the new office clip board. This

is
particularly useful when in Word, but it is annoying that there is no
alternative to access items in the clipboard without use of the mouse.

I have tried to write macros to work around this but found that this

does
not work. I find that I can only use:

Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault)

This command only pastes the last item added to the clipboard.

Does anyone know if there are any keyboard shortcuts already existing or

know of a way to write a macro to be able to access individual elements

from
the office clip board?

Cheers.
/Shaun

Keyboard shortcuts can easy be set up to perform dozens of tasks thus making the mouse very much redundant and saving wrist ache. Simply follow these instructions:

With a WORD document on screen click on :- "Tools" €“ "Customise" €“
"Keyboard" €“ In "Categories" scroll down to "All Commands" €“ In "Commands"
scroll down to "ControlRun" €“ In "Press new shortcut key" type keys of your
choice €“ Click "Assign". (e.g.) [I allocated Ctrl +Alt + 1] When the chosen
combination keys are pressed together a dialogue box appears with the option
to select the Clipboard with the letter C then Enter or Control Panel with P
then enter. [Hey presto, mouse left in its hole.]
XP 2003 only allows 12 entries to the clipboard but if you require more you
can download a free program which allows for 30 selections to be copied. See

www.computeractive.co.uk/download/2147096

Clip Board Gallani Microsoft Word Help 4 May 3rd 07 03:33 AM
saving clip board [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 20th 07 11:50 AM
Office Clip Board Not Storing Content to Paste Trendi Microsoft Word Help 2 March 22nd 06 06:11 PM
Recovery of paragraph copied, but not pasted nor in clip board terispiral Microsoft Word Help 1 November 14th 05 10:42 PM
Keyboard shortcuts Word Office 2003 cuirmichael Microsoft Word Help 3 July 16th 05 03:17 PM