Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Any way to copy layout and styles from one doc to another?

Or maybe someone can suggest an alternative solution. Here's my situation:

I have several large documents with many sections each. They are set up
correctly using styles for most formatting (headings, normal text, etc.). I
want to reformat all of them to use the styles and layout I've created in a
separate template document. Specifically, I want to replace the page layouts
(margins), and paragraph styles (normal, headings, etc.) with the ones I've
created in the template.

I'm hoping I can just copy the styles from the template doc over to each of
these documents. What I don't want to do, because it will be a lot of work,
is copy the text over, piece by piece, and paste it into my new template
doc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin