Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anna-Marie Anna-Marie is offline

Default My right scroll bar is gone. How can I get it back?

My right scroll bar is gone. How can I get it back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article , Anna-
says...
My right scroll bar is gone. How can I get it back?

Tools, Options, View tab, vertical scroll bar option.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anna-Marie[_2_] Anna-Marie[_2_] is offline

I am using Word 2007. I don't have a menu item "Tools," I have ribbons.
I am still trying to learn how to use 2007 and find my way around.
Please help.
AMR

"Peter A" wrote:

In article , Anna-
says...
My right scroll bar is gone. How can I get it back?

Tools, Options, View tab, vertical scroll bar option.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EdIs EdIs is offline

Thanks so much. All I can say is Office 2007 was a solution in search of a
problem. The scroll bars just disappeared one day and because of you, they
are back. Appreciate it.

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I am using Word 2007. I don't have a menu item "Tools," I have ribbons.
I am still trying to learn how to use 2007 and find my way around.
Please help.
AMR

CLick the Office button (top left) then click Word Options. Select the
Advanced category and scroll down to the Display section. You'll find
the scroll bar options there.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ManU4Ever ManU4Ever is offline

I am new to 2007, so thanks for any newbie advice. I have figured out how to
get my scroll bars to display on a document, but do I have to go through this
process every time I open a file? I work with dozens of files every day
(most created in earlier versions of Word) and it is getting tiresome. Is
there anything I can do so that my scroll bars appear with every document?
Thanks for any help

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I am using Word 2007. I don't have a menu item "Tools," I have ribbons.
I am still trying to learn how to use 2007 and find my way around.
Please help.
AMR

CLick the Office button (top left) then click Word Options. Select the
Advanced category and scroll down to the Display section. You'll find
the scroll bar options there.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
www.tech-word.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is an application setting and should not need to be reset in each Word
session. This suggests that your Options changes are not being saved. That
may indicate that the Word Data key in the Registry is damaged, or it may
reflect interference from an add-in. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm for general
information about the Data key and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm for info
on add-ins (though I think neither of these articles has been updated for
Word 2007).

http://word.mvps.org

"ManU4Ever" wrote in message
I am new to 2007, so thanks for any newbie advice. I have figured out how
get my scroll bars to display on a document, but do I have to go through
this
process every time I open a file? I work with dozens of files every day
(most created in earlier versions of Word) and it is getting tiresome. Is
there anything I can do so that my scroll bars appear with every document?
Thanks for any help

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...