Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rusty99 rusty99 is offline

Default How do I cite a footnote as an endnote?

I am working on an annotated biography, and when I come across an interesting
name or topic, I am putting a footnote (symbol) at the bottom of the page
giving the reader a little more information about that person or topic. I
would like to put an endnote on the end of the footnote so that I can put the
citation for the reference at the end of the document - but Word does not
like putting an endnote at the end of a footnote, does anyone know how to do
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For purposes of discussion, I'm assuming that you're using something other
than numbers for your substantive footnotes (the *, €*, €¡ series, for
example) and numbers for your documentation endnotes (so that users can
distinguish footnote from endnote reference marks). If so, then I would
insert an endnote reference in the text next to the footnote reference and
format it as Hidden; this will allow you to create the desired endnote, but
the reference will not display in the text. Then, in the footnote, either
insert something that looks like an endnote reference (formatted the same),
or use Insert | Reference | Cross-reference to "Endnote number (formatted)."