Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Liz Liz is offline

Default Word to PDF

I have a Word that has a lot of user inserted bookmarks. I cant not get them
to show up if I convert to PDF using Acrobat 8 standard.

File menu / Convert to PDF from file

I know this is a Word forum not an Adobe forum but thought I may get a quick
answer here with Word experts.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bo Bo is offline

I don't yet have 8.0.

However, it sounds like you're doing it correctly. I would recommend
performing the operation from within Word. Now be sure you use the PDF menu
as opposed to printing to the PDF Printer. Printing will not include tagged
information (your references, hyperlinked TOCs, etc.), while converting will.
I would think the Convert feature inside 8.0 would use the same tagged
converting function from Word, but it's worth a try.

Also, in case you cannot see the PDF menu in Word (common for folks in my
company), you need to, in Word, go to Help About Microsoft Word then
click on the Disabled Items button. If you see PDFMaker in the list, that's
the culprit.

Cheers

--
BO Haynes