Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dwolfe Dwolfe is offline

Default Multilevel lists become simple numbered lists in Word 2007

Whenever I try to create a multilevel list in word it automatically resets
itself to a straight numbered list. I cannot find any option that would do
this.
Help please

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How are you creating your lists, exactly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dwolfe" wrote in message
Whenever I try to create a multilevel list in word it automatically resets
itself to a straight numbered list. I cannot find any option that would
do
this.
Help please

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dwolfe Dwolfe is offline

I am using the control in the paragraph section of the home task bar. I
click the numbered list button and the numbered bullets control lights up.
Then when I try to use the tab controls to move the number level it just does
a regular tab. I have tried Shift Tab, and Ctrl Tab. I was able to move up a
number level using the menu under the task bar control. I was able to move
down a number level with the Shift Enter combination.

"Dwolfe" wrote in message
Whenever I try to create a multilevel list in word it automatically resets
itself to a straight numbered list. I cannot find any option that would
do
this.
Help please

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
category, click the AutoCorrect Options button. In the AutoCorrect dialog
box, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Make sure that "Set left and
first indent with tabs and backspaces" is checked, and click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP