ssnazzy9

Default Inserted Photos

I am a very casual user of Word 2000, however I have a large project for
my husband's 50th reunion and have a problem. I am inserting old and
new photos into documents, but have done this over such a long period
that I cannot remember exactly which photo I have inserted. (I have
multiple copies of these pictures). Also, I am wondering if I change
the location of the stored photo, will the document still find it? Any
help would be appreciated.
Marianne

Luc

Ssnazzy9
Seems to me if you inserted them using Insert - picture from file - select
picture - Insert, there should be no problem if you change the location of
the photo. If however you inserted and linked the picture (which is possible
in Word 2002/2003 don't know about 2000) then moving the picture will get
you in trouble, in that case the photo will not show in your document or
will show as an empty box with a red x in it.
To check wether you inserted or linked, press Alt+F9 in your Word document,
all pictures that are linked will show as {Hyperlink ".../.../picture} or
"Include picture ".../.../...picture.jpg.
If I'm wrong somebody will jump in and execute me on the spot.
Luc
"ssnazzy9" schreef in bericht
I am a very casual user of Word 2000, however I have a large project for
my husband's 50th reunion and have a problem. I am inserting old and
new photos into documents, but have done this over such a long period
that I cannot remember exactly which photo I have inserted. (I have
multiple copies of these pictures). Also, I am wondering if I change
the location of the stored photo, will the document still find it? Any
help would be appreciated.
Marianne

ssnazzy9

When I hit alt/F9, nothing happens -- I assume that means they are
inserted, not linked? Is there any way to tell the name of an inserted
file? I've looked all over and can't seem to find anything. Thanks.
Marianne
"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Luc

Snnazzy9,
Yes, that's good news for you.
I'm afraid there is no way of telling what's the name of an inserted
picture. But maybe somebody will prove me wrong.