Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CindiS CindiS is offline

Default shortcut or hotkey help please!!!!

I must hit some combination when I am typing that takes over all the keys and
they all have new "jobs" -for example Ctrl S is search instead of save- and
if I try to just type I am taken to a login screen or the text is "plkhwf" or
a serch box or a print command opens- I am not sure how to turn it off. I can
sometimes reset or correct it by turning the computer off, but not always-
When I go to turn off the computer I do notice that it says Hibernate instead
of Stand By- I just don't know what to do and I now spend hours trying to
correct it! HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Check that the correct keyboard layout (called input language in some
versions of Windows) has been activated in Control Panel.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CindiS" wrote in message
I must hit some combination when I am typing that takes over all the keys
and
they all have new "jobs" -for example Ctrl S is search instead of save-
and
if I try to just type I am taken to a login screen or the text is "plkhwf"
or
a serch box or a print command opens- I am not sure how to turn it off. I
can
sometimes reset or correct it by turning the computer off, but not always-
When I go to turn off the computer I do notice that it says Hibernate
instead
of Stand By- I just don't know what to do and I now spend hours trying to
correct it! HELP!

Highlight Hotkey Stockmoose16 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 07 07:47 PM
assign hotkey Skud Microsoft Word Help 1 September 15th 06 09:46 PM
Creating a new hotkey John in Riverbank Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 06 07:52 PM
Creating a hotkey shortcut to Send email as an attachment. Mike Microsoft Word Help 7 September 11th 05 11:06 PM
Word 2k Lost Hotkey Double R New Users 2 July 14th 05 05:49 PM