Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRO Mtn Group JRO Mtn Group is offline

Default Installation

I have just purchased a new laptop. Purchased Office Small Business
2007...installed it and activated it. But when I try to download Office
Templates - it says my product is not activated - what it really says is that
"student/home? version is not activiated...which must have been on this
laptop...but when I'm in Word and check the activation status - it says
"activated" so question is, can I UNINSTALL the Home and Student version
without affecting the Small Business version?
Edited to add: When I open Word - it says ".....non-comercial use"- isn't
that the Student-Home version. How do I use the version I purchased and
installed?

I just want a few MS templates for Word 2007 and I have a valid and active
version, but system sees the Home-Student version when it looks from Online.
So I'm assuming that uninstalling it will solve my problem
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:48:00 -0800, JRO Mtn Group
wrote:

[...]

Yes, you will need to uninstall the Home & Student version. That may or may not
interfere with the Small Business version by removing something it needs. The
safest course is to uninstall both of them, and then reinstall Small Business.
It will need to be activated again but, because it's on the same hardware, it
won't count as a "new" installation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Installation destination CurleyLion Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 08 04:20 PM
Installation issue kawaii1 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 07 09:48 PM
installation jesse Microsoft Word Help 3 April 6th 07 03:05 AM
help with installation P D Sterling New Users 4 May 5th 06 03:58 PM
How to get rid of the installation? Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã New Users 1 February 23rd 06 10:59 AM