Vanessa

Default Finding the templates folder using explorer

I am a competent user of Word, but am new to Office 2003 & Windows XP.
In previous versions of Word/Windows I have created templates and deleted
them when necessary using Windows explorer.

I have found out where the templates are stored using the "file locations
tab" under Tools/Options. However I cannot locate this folder in Explorer.
Is the Application data folder a hidden folder. If so, how do you unhide it?
Any help/advice would be appreciated..
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:05:03 -0800, "Vanessa"
wrote:

I am a competent user of Word, but am new to Office 2003 & Windows XP.
In previous versions of Word/Windows I have created templates and deleted
them when necessary using Windows explorer.

I have found out where the templates are stored using the "file locations
tab" under Tools/Options. However I cannot locate this folder in Explorer.
Is the Application data folder a hidden folder. If so, how do you unhide it?
Any help/advice would be appreciated..

Yes, it is hidden.

In Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options View. Click the button for
"Show hidden files and folders".

It's also a good idea to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file
types" -- not only so you can tell the difference between .doc and
..dot files, but so a virus can't hide itself by taking a name like
innocuous.txt.exe and hoping all you'll see is innocuous.txt.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman