hkc

Default how do I add the adobe toolbar back into Word? It has disappeard

The adobe toolbar has disappeared when I open Word. Does any one know how to
reload this adobe function in WOrd?
Michael_Corral

PDFMaker icons or toolbars don't appear correctly in Microsoft Office or
AutoCAD (Acrobat 6.0 on Windows)

Issue

PDFMaker icons or toolbars don't behave as expected in Microsoft Office
applications or in Autodesk AutoCAD:

-- If you deactivate the PDFMaker icon in a Microsoft Word toolbar, it
reappears the next time you start Microsoft Word.

-- If you change the location of the PDFMaker icon in a Microsoft Office
toolbar, it reverts to its previous

location the next time you start the Microsoft Office application.

-- If you deactivate the PDFMaker toolbar, it reappears the next time you
start AutoCAD.

Solutions

Do one or more of the following:

Solution 1: Update to Adobe Acrobat 6.0.1.

1. Start Acrobat 6.0.

2. Choose Help Update.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

Note: You can also download the update from the Adobe Web site at
www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html .

Solution 2: Remove older versions of Acrobat.

If the PDFMaker icon reverts to its previous location in a Microsoft Office
application and you have multiple versions

of Acrobat installed, remove the older version(s) of Acrobat. For example,
if Acrobat 5.0 and

Acrobat 6.0 are installed, remove Acrobat 5.0.

Solution 3: Replace the Pdfmaker.dot file.

If the PDFMaker icon reverts to its previous location in a Microsoft Office
application, replace the Pdfmaker.dot

file in the Microsoft Startup folder.

1. Exit from Word.

2. Rename the Pdfmaker.dot file in the following folder (for example, to
Pdfmaker.old):

-- Office XP: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\Startup

-- Office 2000: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup

3. Copy the Pdfmaker.dot file in the Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0 \Pdfm
aker folder.

4. Move the copy you created to the following folder:

-- Office XP: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\Startup

-- Office 2000: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup

Solution 4: Repair Acrobat.

1. Insert the Acrobat CD into the CD-ROM drive.

2. Choose Start Settings Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove
Programs.

3. Select Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, click Change, and then click
Repair.

Solution 5: Create Word macros to display and remove the PDFMaker icon.

Disclaimer: Adobe provides this information as a courtesy and does not
support problems that may occur in PDFMaker after creating Word macros. For
information on how to create macros in Word, see the documentation included
with Microsoft Office.

To create Word macros to display and remove the PDFMaker icon:

1. Exit from Word.

2. Locate the Pdfmaker.dot file in the following folder:

-- Office XP: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 10\Startup

-- Office 2000: Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup

3. Move the Pdfmaker.dot file to a new folder on the desktop.

4. Create a macro to display the PDFMaker icon:

a. In Word, choose Tools Macro Record New Macro. Type a name for the
macro and click OK.

b. Choose Tools Templates and Add-ins, and click Add.

c. Select the Pdfmaker.dot file in the new folder on the desktop and click
OK.

d. In the Templates and Add-ins dialog box, click OK.

e. Click Stop Recording to stop recording the macro.

5. Create a macro to remove the PDFMaker icon:

a. In Word, choose Tools Macro Record New Macro. Type a name for the
macro and click OK.

b. Choose Tools Templates and Add-ins, and deselect Pdfmaker.dot. Click OK.

c. Click Stop Recording to stop recording the macro.

6. Add the PDFMaker icon to the toolbar:

a. Right-click the toolbar and choose Customize.

b. Click the Toolbar tab, and click New.

c. Enter a name for the new toolbar, and click OK.

d. In the Customize dialog box, click the Commands tab.

e. Choose Macros from the Categories list, and select the Macro you created
from the Commands list.

f. Drag the macro to the new toolbar.

Background information

Older versions of the Pdfmaker.dot file can conflict with newer versions.
Ensuring that the latest version of Pdfmaker.dot is installed in the
Microsoft Startup folder resolves these conflicts.

Creating a Microsoft Word macro enables you to display or remove the
PDFMaker icon in the toolbar as desired.

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324494.html

--
Top Notch Admin

"hkc" wrote:

The adobe toolbar has disappeared when I open Word. Does any one know how to
reload this adobe function in WOrd?

1. Right-click on any toolbar and see if "PDFMaker 6.0" (or the like) is
listed among the toolbars. If so, click to display it.

2. If the toolbar is not available, look in Tools | Templates and Add-ins to
see if PDFMaker.dot is listed. If so, and if it is not checked, check it,
then display the toolbar.

3. If you want the add-in to load at startup, it must be in Word's or the
Office Startup folder. You can find it and move it there manually or
reinstall Acrobat.